Have you heard about the oil cleansing method?
Chances are yes if you are a fan of natural beauty routines. If not, you would wonder why you should use oil to clean your face that is already full of nasty oils. It doesn’t make any sense!
In fact, cleansing oil uses the “good oils” into your skin to remove the “bad oils.” No matter the skin type, cleansing oil mixes with the preexisting oils already on your face.
Or in other words, oils are best dissolved in oils.
Most impurities, makeup, dirt, and toxins on your skin are more soluble in oil than in water. For this purpose, most cleansers use surfactants (soaps) to remove the oils from the skin together with the impurities and makeup. By doing that they leave your skin without oils and if you have dry skin it will grow sensitive, flaky, irritated and even drier. If you have oily skin, it will produce more sebum to compensate the washed-out oils and will become oily faster.
Cleansing oils are composed of…well, oils.
They dissolve the skin oils with the impurities and drive them out of the skin. The “good oils” in the cleansing oil take the place of the “bad oils” and thus leave the skin hydrated, soft, and smooth. If you have dry skin after using a cleansing oil, it will not feel dry. If you have oily skin after using a cleansing oil, it will not need to overproduce sebum, because it is not stripped out of oil.
But the real question is: How to remove the skin oils with the dissolved impurities from the skin?
In the oil cleansing method, it is suggested to use a warm steaming towel to wipe your face gently. The warm, humid towel will remove all the excess oils. And this takes time, and preparations, and more time, and not everyone likes steaming hot towels. Probably this is the reason why oil cleansing method didn’t get too much popularity. Except in the luxury spa centers.
But there is an easier way to clean your face with oil and get all the benefits without much efforts and additional time. Our Gentle Cleansing Face Oil with Jojoba, for instance. It is formulated to easily wash out with just warm water without leaving any greasy feel on the skin. When massaged into the skin, our cleansing oil binds to surface impurities, pulling out dirt without clogging pores and allow them to be comfortably rinsed away leaving the skin clean, soft and hydrated. The oil cleansing method is a win/win situation.
The Gentle Cleansing Oil with Jojoba also contains active ingredients and antioxidants that help the skin regeneration and actively fight the appearance of the fine lines. It is a perfect addition to an anti-aging program.
What are the most popular face cleansing products?
- Foaming cleansers strip away the skin oils leaving the skin dry and dehydrated. Not recommended for dry skin. Best for oily skin.
- Milk cleansers – while actively hydrating the skin are not too good at removing all impurities and makeup. Suitable for dry and normal skin but they are less efficient cleansers.
- Cleansing lotions are lotions, similar to a regular face cream but much lighter. Their formula contains a combination of water and oils mixed with an emulsifier. Usually hydrate well but their washing effect is mediocre. Suitable for people with dry skin.
- Micellar waters are efficient and gentle cleansers that don’t dry the skin. However, if you have oily or acne-prone skin, micellar waters are less efficient. If you have very dry skin, they are again not the best choice as they don’t hydrate the skin and you may feel it dry.
- Cleansing oils work efficiently for any skin type. They dissolve impurities easy and fast. They don’t dry the skin and help regulate the sebum production. The only drawback is the more efforts and time needed.
Our favorite cleansing product is:
Gentle Cleansing Oils with Jojoba – penetrates quickly and efficiently into the skin by thoroughly removing makeup and dirt. Unlike classic cleaning oils, you can effortlessly wash it off with warm water. Suitable for all skin types and easy to use every day.